Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Duke

Merry Christmas from our home to yours! I hope your holidays are truly wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to follow my blog. Thank you for reading my posts, and for your very kind comments. I truly appreciate your friendship.  I leave you with this lovely poem.


The Kerry Christmas Carol



Don't blow the tall white candle out
But leave it burning bright.
So that they'll know they're welcome here
This holy Christmas night!

Leave out the bread and meat for them,
And sweet milk for the Child,
And they will bless the fire, that baked
And, too, the hands that toiled.

For Joseph will be travel-tired,
And Mary pale and wan,
And they can sleep a little while
Before they journey on.

They will be weary of the roads,
And rest will comfort them,
For it must be many a lonely mile
From here to Bethlehem.

O long the road they have to go,
The bad mile with the good,
Till the journey ends on Calvary
Beneath a cross of wood.

Leave the door upon the latch,
And set the fire to keep,
And pray they'll rest with us tonight
When all the world's asleep.


29 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Duke looks ready for Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Woof Christmas sweet puppy doggy.

    Hugs,
    Prudence, Molly Brown & Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother-in-law's family sings this every year ... the Flynns, they are ... and what a beautiful song it is. A perfect sentiment for the next couple days ... I'll be thinking about this song and you.

    Merry Christmas, Mary! To you and yours this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your family! That is a lovely poem for sure and here's wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing such a lovely poem. Merry Christmas to you! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Christmas post. Merry Christmas my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you and yours, too! Since you lost your mother not long ago, I imagine it will be strange to have that first Christmas without her... even though he died more than 2 years ago, I still miss my husband lots, and especially at times like this, but I am happy in my life and have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please give that dog a hug from me.

    Merry Whatever-You-Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Merry Chrismas to you and yours from us at Belleau Cottage xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas to you AND Duke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely poem Mary. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the good wishes. Merry Christmas to you, and thank you for making Christmas special with your wonderful holiday posts. So fun to see all the pictures and share your home.
    Your virtual neighbor.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Duke is a handsome "pup". He should meet our Duchess! Merry Christmas to you! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just wanted to say what a pleasure it has been "meeting" you this year! And have a happy new year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas! Looks like everyone was good...and happy at your house! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Happy Holidays!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your carol! Hope you had a blessed holiday and an upcoming happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just discovered a treasure, namely your blog :)). Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you and your loved ones all the best for 2012! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi lovely lady.
    I also love your carol so sweet!!
    You had ask me about the Candle Light's on my tree will I purchased them about 26 years ago at a Nursery in my home town. I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Christmas tree. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday and a Happy New Year.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely poem! I hope you had a very merry Christmas. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ahhh...I love the dog pillow. Your dog is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you've stopped by and I always enjoy your comments! Thank you!