Friday, September 3, 2010

The Recipes. . . as promised!


Let me begin with the beautiful & free recipe cards displayed throughout the store!!! THEN, hold on to your kitchen table, it's going to be a mouth watering "Taste of Stonewall Kitchen" experience - I hope you enjoy the meals that I've "prepared" for you! The recipes that I've selected are basic ingreidents and if you don't have Stonewall Kitchen products you can improvise with what you have in your pantry - that's what I did! Bon Appetit!!

Let's start with an appetizer . . . I made this for a 40th birthday party, it was a huge hit!

Steak Crostini


Serves: 2 dozen

Ingredients
  • 1 pound beef loin boneless strip steak
  • 1 French baguette
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Stonewall Kitchen Blue Cheese Herb Mustard
  • 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • Fresh parsley leaves for garnish
Directions
  1. Grill or broil the sirloin steak to desired doneness, preferably rare or medium rare. When cool, trim off fat and slice thinly.
  2. Cut the French baguette into at least 24 1/4 inch slices. Brush both sides of each toast with olive oil. Place toasts on a baking sheet under the broiler until golden on both sides.
  3. Spread Stonewall Kitchen Blue Cheese Herb Mustard over each French bread toast. Then layer a piece of steak. Top each crostini with crumbled blue cheese and a parsley leaf for garnish. Serve at room temperature.






The Main Course . . . I make this for dinner at least once a month! Love it!

Spicy Habanero Shrimp


Serves: 4

Ingredients
  • 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Stonewall Kitchen Habanero Mango Hot Sauce
  • 1 lime
  • 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves, stems removed and gently torn into small pieces
Directions
  1. Marinate 1-½ pounds of peeled and deveined raw shrimp in ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. Stonewall Kitchen Habanero Mango Hot Sauce for at least 2 hours.
  2. Skewer the shrimp and grill 1-2 minutes on each side until just cooked through, but still tender.
  3. Squeeze a little lime juice over the shrimp and garnish with gently torn cilantro leaves. Serve over your favorite rice dish



And Finally, Dessert . . . I made this for Christmas, it it makes a stunning appearance at the dinner table!

Dulce De Leche Banana Trifle



Serves:
12

Ingredients
  • 1 box Stonewall Kitchen Vanilla Cake Mix
  • 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
  • 3 cups heavy cream
  • 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Dulce de Leche Sauce
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 cup Heath toffee bits
  • 1 cup Snickers or similar chocolate bar, chopped
Directions
  1. Make cake mix in two 8-inch round cake pans according to package instructions. Cool completely and cut into 1- inch cubes.
  2. In a mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk the mascarpone cheese. Slowly add the heavy cream and whisk on high making sure the cream is incorporated into the cheese. Scrap down the sides of the bowl periodically. Whisk until the mixture is thick and forms soft peaks. Add the vanilla and sugar, mix.
  3. In a trifle bowl, measuring approximately 8½ inches high and 5 inches wide, layer 1/3 jar of SWK Dulce de Leche, one half of the cake cubes, ¼ of the mascarpone cream, 1 sliced banana, and sprinkle with 1/3 of the toffee bits and 1/3 chopped chocolate bar. Repeat these layers. Finish layering with ¼ of the cream filling, sliced banana the remaining 1/3 Dulce de Leche, then the rest of the cream filling topped with the rest of the toffee and chopped chocolate.



As for cocktails, I'd serve a nice Malbec with the appetizer, Pino Grigio with the shrimp and a Chocolate dessert wine with the trifle. Oh, don't forget to wear loose fitting jeans! LOL!!!

One of my favorite blogs is having a "give away" check it out @ http://lowtidehighstyle.blogspot.com/

Finally, please check out and "Follow" my friend's brand spanking new blog, I know you'll love it! Thank you! http://frombeyondmykitchenwindow.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. What time should I arrive? The recipes look so delicious. Oh, by the way, I do own a pair of "eating pants". Does anyone smell a road trip to Stonewall Kitchens ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a yummy menu! I love Stonewall Kitchen, they have such great stuff! Thank you for posting about my giveaway, I really appreciate it! Enjoy your weekend!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower because Stonewall Kitchens mentioned that you had used their recipes. Look forward to reading your blog.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Carole! I appreciate it! I'm new to blogging and I'm having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all ~ I love Stonewall Kitchens and secondly, I adore Maine!! Therefore, I am your newest follower!! Now I am off to enjoy the rest of your blog!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yumm and more yum, fabulous post and thanks for sharing the recipes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been so busy with houseguests this is the first chance I've had to play catch-up with blogs. Love Stonewall Kitchens. This menu looks so yummy. I sure miss New England. Hope you're having fun blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mercy sakes alive!!! I'm coming to YOUR house.
    Well, one of them anyway ;) Thanks for the recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow-this pudding looks amazing-I love Banoffee pie and this looks just as good!

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you've stopped by and I always enjoy your comments! Thank you!