Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm A Lighthouse!!!

These photos are final peeks at some of my favorite spots. I took these photos this past Winter, fortunately I was lucky enough to capture them with a little snow, we didn't have much at all this year! Now I'm looking forward to posting some Spring photos!   I hope you enjoy "my" lighthouses as much as I do!

Portland Head Light

The Bug Light (look familiar?)

Spring Point Light

Two Lights

I'm a Lighthouse!

Dead ahead, through the pitch-black night, the captain sees a light on a collision course with his ship. 

He sends a signal: "Change your course ten degrees east."

"Change yours ten degrees west," comes the reply.
The captain responds, "I'm a United States Navy captain! Change your course, sir!"
"I'm a seaman second class," the next message reads. "Change your course, sir."
The captain is furious. "I'm a battleship! I'm not changing course!"
"I'm a lighthouse. Your call."


  1. Such beautiful pictures - thank you for sharing them, and the joke :-)

  2. I love lighthouses - and I feel blessed to have been at Portland Head Light once upon a time. Maine is such a gorgeous place!

  3. Funny!!!! I know this joke, it's told here in Itlay too!
    I love Portland Light...I took great pics there last summer!
    Have a nice day

  4. I love light houses but don't often see them with snow in the picture. These are lovely photos!

  5. I, too, love lighthouses! I just saw an incredible photograph of one in Europe taken by a famous French photographer ... check it out!

    Talk about a tempest!

  6. One of my favorite jokes. Thanks for the chuckle.

  7. These photos are some of my favorites. You are so lucky to be able to know them all so well. I remember the first time you took me to Portland Head Light. The fog horn was blaring as the fog was rolling in over the rocks. What a wonderful sound that was.

  8. He hee, that's funny!

    I've yet to go to the Portland lighthouse. Maybe this summer we'll get there! I'm sure it's a beautiful drive along the water as I looked up the route about a month or so ago. Sunrise there would be amazing! I hope you had a great trip. Definitely not much snow to shoot this winter!

  9. Gorgeous photos! Lovely blog which I am now following:) Have a lovely weekend!

  10. Familiar Sights, though you have caught them in seasons I don't usually visit. Very pretty! Love that story.

  11. These would be so pretty framed! Awesome photography! ♥

  12. Oh that made me giggle out loud! Thank you for sharing photos of your part of the world-lovely! I’m looking forward to following your posts now...

  13. Awwww lovely photographs! I've only recently lived by the sea and we live right opposite a lighthouse (Roker lighthouse in England). I always love it when the foghorn goes off - so very eerie! I appreciate your love of lighthouses! Moo x


I'm thrilled you've stopped by and I always enjoy your comments! Thank you!