Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl XLVI

Go Patriots!!! 
It's Super Bowl Sunday!!! 

The parties will be in full swing this afternoon!  We'll be going to my brother's home to watch the game - he has a 55" flat screen!  Let's cheer for the Patriots!  Below, you'll find some facts, some fun photos and a few heart warming photos!  Enjoy!!!


Super Bowl XLVI is an American football game between the American Football Conference (AFC) champion New England Patriots and the National Football Conference (NFC) champion New York Giants to decide the National Football League (NFL) champion for the 2011 season.
Wide Receivers
It will be the 42nd annual championship game of the modern-era NFL and is scheduled to be played Sunday, February 5, 2012, at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana. Kickoff time is scheduled for approximately 6:30 p.m. EST. 
Some fun on the Boston Common with the famous Ducklings!
The ultimate tailgate sandwich tray!
This will be the first Super Bowl to be played in Indianapolis, and the first time in the history of the game it will be played in consecutive years in a retractable roof stadium. This will also be only the fourth time that the Super Bowl is played in a cold-weather city, after Detroit's hosting of XVI and XL as well as Minneapolis's hosting of XXVI. Downtown Indianapolis, the home of Lucas Oil Stadium, will feature an outdoor Super Bowl Village and other programs at the Indiana Convention Center.
When you see this . . . 

And when you see "MHK"

Per convention as an even-numbered Super Bowl, the Patriots as the AFC representatives will have the home team designation. Super Bowl XLVI will be the sixth Super Bowl in which the two teams had competed in a previous Super Bowl match up, as the Giants and Patriots had previously met in Super Bowl XLII.  Both head coaches (Tom Coughlin and Bill Belichick) and both starting quarterbacks (Eli Manning and Tom Brady) return from Super Bowl XLII.

They are playing for their biggest cheer leader,
and wife of the team owner, 
the late Mrs. Myra H. Kraft - she loved those players!

~Go Patriots ~ 
Let's win this one for Myra!

16 comments:

  1. A 55" flat screen TV! OMG, it will be like you're down there on the field with the players! Have fun and I hope your team wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shall be rooting for the Patriots too. Not going to a party this year but we shall have our own.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be for the home team also. But it will be a quiet night punchuated with screams. Go Pats
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun and good Luck! I am not routing for anyone specific, I just go to the party to eat and mingle LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... and wow, what a tailgate sandwich spread. That's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed your comments on my post today.Enjoy the game; it's the BIG one.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tailgate sandwich tray is the ultimate for sure. I'll be watching the game on a large flat screen also and rooting for the Patriots but I'd really love it if DA Bears were playing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I was misleading on my blog today. I must stand up and admit that I have a serious cookbook addiction myself. Each time I purchase one (or more), I tell myself that I'll get rid of an equal amount. It doesn't happen!! I even have a hard time getting rid of cooking magazines. I have Gourmet back to 1979--not every issue. Maybe we could get together with Sam and have a therapy session. Better yet, a bookstore visit and cooking session.

    May the best team win. We'll be rooting for the Patriots too since our younger son and his wife live in Rhode Island. Don't know what we'd have done if the 49ers were playing since our older son lives in the bay area!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, that is an amazing sandwich sculture! Have a great time today while we brood about the Packers not being in the game :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck to your team! half time should be a kick with madonna too~
    That is the most fun sandwich tray I've ever seen
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've enjoyed visiting your blog and I am now following you as well! I so love the photo on the top of your blog! Thanks for your kind comment on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tried my best to stay up for it ... zzzzzzzzzzz!

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you've stopped by and I always enjoy your comments! Thank you!