Saturday, December 4, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree . . .


Oh Christmas Tree . . .


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here . . . this morning I was out and about with one of my girlfriends and we stopped at a local farm stand - oh the greens, the boxwood trees, and beautiful wreaths!  I can't wait to decorate the outside of our home.  I'm looking forward to attending Aunt Mae's annual Christmas party, but most of all I'm looking forward to spending time with good friends and family.  


Even Duke's ready!


I saw a recipe for an egg-nog bundt cake on someone's blog (sorry I can't remember who had it) and I though it would be a fun recipe!  So I went to Allrecipes.com and found this one!  And would you just look at the nutritional information, now how's that for a gift - LOL!!!  Enjoy!


EGGNOG CAKE



INGREDIENTS:
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 cup eggnog*
3 eggs
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
CUSTARD SAUCE:
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
DIRECTIONS:
1.In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Beat on low until moistened, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Remove from pan; cool completely. For sauce, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Blend a small amount into egg yolk. Return all to the pan; mix well. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with the cake.
Nutrition
Information
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Calories: N/A
Amount Per Serving
  • Total Fat: N/A
  • Cholesterol: N/A
  • Sodium: N/A
Amount Per Serving
  • Total Carbs: N/A
  •     Dietary Fiber: N/A
  • Protein: N/A

20 comments:

  1. beautiful tree and duke. but I really love your yellow plaid chair. I am making that cake and using it as my new diet!
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, have you been busy today. The tree looks amazing, and Christmas presents wrapped already. Duke is always a good boy and I'm sure Santa Claus will get him whatever his little doggy heart desires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is GORGEOUS. Wowsers. It's splendorous. The cake looks good, too. Hmmmm, does that mean we can have two or three pieces? ha ha ha Have a nice Sunday! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks delish. What a sweet puppy and lovely tree.

    Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, love that nutritional information, LOL. Eggnog cake sounds excellent. I must give it a try. Your tree is lovely and Duke looks so cute. Ready for whatever Santa brings him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My, what a handsome tree, and such a cute doggie too!
    Love Kathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowzers! eggnog cake... never seen that before... and I agree, your tree is a beauty!... ours goes up next weekend... can't bloody wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That recipe looks yummy!! And your dog is so cute...looks like he's all ready for the holidays:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful tree. That cake is beautiful. Yum. I am sure Santa will be good to the doggie too :) Can’t wait to see what you do outside!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! I bet you will so love that tree when the sun goes down and the tree lights glimmer!It's so beautiful! That eggnog cake has got it goin' on too! As for nutritional info ... I find that at this time of year, one must choose a few special treats and turn a blind eye when the calorie count is displayed ...
    happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree looks gorgeous and your cake delicious. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tree looks great! And I need to try that cake, i LOVE eggnog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just jumping back in to let you know that I do, indeed, remember Jeff Smith. Hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Duke is just so adorable. Surely there will be a pressie under the tree for Duke.

    I've never heard of Eggnog cake before, so Thanks for introducing it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tree is beautiful. The cake looks delicious and the recipe looks like I get through it. I love egg nog (and fruit cake). That is one of the best things, food wise, about this time of the year. I will let you know how mine comes out.
    Merry Christmas !!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coronary cake! Haha! My favorite :)
    I should share with you the recipe for Ambrosia punch...it is yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It would probably be unhealthy not to make the cake!!!

    Love your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a very pretty tree. I love the eggnog cake recipe YUM! What I love more is the nutrition info. I am so glad you stopped by. I am following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! A cake that is good and healthy for me to eat!!! The tree looks lovely. And I'm glad that Duke will be visited by Santa on Christmas Eve. My big tree didn't go up this year and I still need to find some real greens like you did for outside. You're way ahead of the game, unlike me! LOL
    Gotta go get me some United Dairy Farmers eggnog to bake that cake. I am picky when it comes to store-bought eggnog!~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhh...this cake has no calories! Got to eat more then. LOL. Love your Christmas decorations and the little pillow for Duke :D I can see you are all ready for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you've stopped by and I always enjoy your comments! Thank you!