Friday, April 22, 2016

Pineapple Stuffing

A delicious side dish that is perfect when serving ham. This has become a new family favorite!  I hope you enjoy it too.

Pineapple stuffing in the fore front.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup margarine 
  • 1 cup white sugar 
  • 4 eggs 
  • 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained 
  • 5 slices white bread, cubed 

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch baking pan. 
  • In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the pineapple and bread cubes. 
  • Bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour. Let sit a few minutes to firm up before serving.

15 comments:

  1. yumm but oh that bunny in the basket is wonderful
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've had that bunny for about 30 years! It's Dedham Pottery, I'm sure I bought it at the factory in Concord, MA.

      Delete
  2. I can easily imagine this with ham because pineapple and ham go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm! This would be a great side for ham! I've never had the stuffing, but it's a must try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was introduced to it three years ago and make it whenever we have ham!

      Delete
  4. I can almost taste how wonderful this would be with ham! Going into my holiday recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pineapple and ham are such a wonderful combination. I'm sure the stuffing quickly disappears from your table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks and sounds yummy Mary! We haven't had a ham since Christmas, but I think I'll get one for the weekend and have a go at this. My hubby loves pineapple so I know it'll go down well!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, was that ever good. I will make this the next time I have ham!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so good! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been decades since I've thought about this dish; used to make it all the time. Many thanks for bringing it back to my attention.

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you've stopped by and I always enjoy your comments! Thank you!