If you are like me and find yourself with an abundance of cucumbers from your garden, here's an idea for a soup that is simply delicious!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
• 2 cups Greek Yogurt (I used low-fat)
• 1 cup Vegetable Broth
• 2 English Cucumbers, peeled, diced, and divided (I used regular & removed the seeds)
• 4 Green Onions, sliced, divided
• 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Dill
• 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
• 4 teaspoons (a little over 1/3 lemon) Fresh Lemon Juice
• 2 teaspoon Salt (I only used ½ a teaspoon)
In a large bowl, combine Greek yogurt and vegetable broth; set aside. In a food processor, purée 1 peeled, diced English cucumber, 2 sliced green onions, chopped fresh dill, and chopped fresh parsley.
Add the cucumber mixture, fresh lemon juice, and salt to the yogurt mixture; whisk to combine.
Stir in 1 more peeled, diced English cucumber and 2 more sliced green onions; refrigerate for 1 hour.
Garnish each serving with chopped dill and croutons.
Did I mention that a BLT sandwich compliments this soup nicely!
Best wishes for a safe and Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone!