Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cool Cucumber Soup



If you are like me and find yourself with an abundance of cucumbers from your garden, here's an idea for a soup that is simply delicious!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Ingredients
• 2 cups Greek Yogurt (I used low-fat)
• 1 cup Vegetable Broth
• 2 English Cucumbers, peeled, diced, and divided (I used regular & removed the seeds)
• 4 Green Onions, sliced, divided
• 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Dill
• 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
• 4 teaspoons (a little over 1/3 lemon) Fresh Lemon Juice
• 2 teaspoon Salt (I only used ½ a teaspoon)
• Croutons


Directions:
In a large bowl, combine Greek yogurt and vegetable broth; set aside. In a food processor, purée 1 peeled, diced English cucumber, 2 sliced green onions, chopped fresh dill, and chopped fresh parsley.
Add the cucumber mixture, fresh lemon juice, and salt to the yogurt mixture; whisk to combine.
Stir in 1 more peeled, diced English cucumber and 2 more sliced green onions; refrigerate for 1 hour.
Garnish each serving with chopped dill and croutons.


Did I mention that a BLT sandwich compliments this soup nicely!

Best wishes for a safe and Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone!  

14 comments:

  1. this sounds like a heavenly summer meal.
    I feel deprived and sad if I don't have cucumbers in the house!
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delightful-especially in this hot and humid weather. Give a real meaning to "as cool as a cucumber" Yum- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. This I have to try and I have always wanted to be as cool as a cucumber on a hot summer day ;)
    As a fellow New Englander do you mind if I lift your wick.ed sign lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure it is wonderful on a hot day!
    It is already very chilly here in the mornings and evenings, so at the moment, I am rather into food that warms me, but I love cucumbers and would certainly give this a try if we were still in the middle of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sounds delicious. i think it's perfect for a hot summer day. thanks for the recipe.
    have a nice weekend,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore cold cucumber soup, yours looks so good and so fresh... I add a little lemongrass in mine and it's delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a delicious menu choice for our hot Texas days. Thanks for the recipe. Your photos are great by the way!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  8. It certainly looks yummy and I do love a good BLT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh, this looks really really good. Thanks for sharing!.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cucumber soup and the BLT does sound like the perfect mate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so yummy! And so perfect for the end of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to try this recipe. I don't have a vegetable garden, but I love the flavor of pickling cucumbers, and there are plenty available this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this simple and refreshing soup Karen. Perfect for lazy summer days.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you've stopped by and I always enjoy your comments! Thank you!