Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Luscious Veggies


Simple, delicious and healthy!

There's a little story behind these peppers. I went to an education dinner with my husband and these peppers were one of the side dishes. We both took some, because we both like peppers. As I was going through the buffet line I thought to myself, well, this isn't rocket science, I'm sure I can make them myself.

I cooked these amazing peppers for a side dish last night. They were delicious and we loved them! They roast up beautifully in the oven, and are sweet and delicious for any meal. They have lots of good color and are a healthy side dish option! I hope you like them as much as we did!

Ingredients
Peppers (washed & dried)
Olive Oil
Balsamic vinegar
Fresh ground pepper
Sea salt

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Wash your peppers and dry them (so the olive oil will stick)
Give a grind of pepper 
Sprinkle a pinch of salt
Toss and add to a baking sheet
Bake for 25 minutes
When the peppers come out of the oven, drizzle about 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar over them, toss again and serve!

These are also good pickled, I'll share that recipe too if you'd like, just let me know!

13 comments:

  1. lots of good vitamins and yummy on top of it.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic, and I bet they smelled and tasted just as good as they look!
    I, too, love peppers, the yellow ones eaten raw being my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love veggies this way!
    They're so beautiful and yummy as well.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, these look so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe Mary!
    Have a great week
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Less is more sometimes. I will definitely be making these. I see these little colorful peppers at the store all the time. I bet they would be good in a pasta salad too. Thanks for the simple yet delicious recipe. This is what I like to make on a work night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen the bags of these at the grocery store. I will be buying them next time and making your recipe. It sounds so good and I do love peppers. I would love to see your recipe for pickling them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty to look at are healthy too! Balsamic vinegar is so good on veges ~ AND fruit!

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these peppers sliced into thin slivers and served with toasted Ciabatta bread (and a good glass of red wine!)! Such an easy lunch or light supper! Sometimes my market sells these peppers in bags of about 40 minis ... they can be really inexpensive that way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep seeing the colorful bags of little peppers but haven't bought any yet. Roasting really does bring out the flavor of peppers...they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. simply glorious!... the taste of summer in your oven... such intense colours and flavours x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roasted peppers are so wonderfully sweet! I bet they'd be good on the grill too- They look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love these peppers and buy them all the time at Costco! They are fabulous! Love your beautiful spiral cake in the prior post. Nordic Ware makes the best baking pans.

    Thank you fo your birthday best wishes, Mary! I had so many wonderful celebrations.

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you've stopped by and I always enjoy your comments! Thank you!