Monday, October 10, 2011

Breakfast at Tiffany's . . . naah

While I love a stunning piece of jewelry, having breakfast here (see below) was even better than receiving a little robin's egg blue box!  Don't misunderstand me, if one comes my way I'll be happy to receive it!  But what a gift this was yesterday, Sunday, October 10th.

Autumn by the sea
 There were lots of places to sit and enjoy the view or the people you're with.  You could even have a little BBQ if so inclined.
The Beach
 Off we went with our freshly brewed Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee (you know how I love that java!) and our warm from the bakery bagels to a new spot by the sea to relax, clear the cob webs and chat about the days events.
Remnants from WWII
 I don't know what it is about the sea that I find so calming, maybe it's the energy I feel when I look out at the beautiful (and cold) North Atlantic ocean, maybe it's just part of who I am or have become over the years.
Ram Island Ledge Light
We'll be here next weekend, and if you're around, swing by Portland Head Light at Fort William's State Park and pull up a chair, I love to chat - this is where you'll find us!

21 comments:

  1. Lovely! Should I put this on my list of places to visit in New England? I'll be sure and bring coffee!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pics...a dream!
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. There really is something about the sea that makes you take a deep breath and sigh.... Like you, I love the ocean and I almost get giddy with excitement when ever I get close to it. Stunning photos Mary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely, mary...idyllic place to relax, dream & drink that coffee. Will be joining you in spirit, for sure! xo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miss Ocean Breezes,

    We love the ocean too, but here it's called the "beach" or Gulf Coast.

    We enjoyed your beautiful pictures. Tiffany's? New York? Little Blue Box? Mom & Dad always went to NYC at Christmas time to see the Christmas show and they say that they miss that so much.

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures of one of my favorite places. Try to get there once a year.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would much prefer breakfast, lunch or dinner in the great outdoors on a beautiful day! Enjoy! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks perfect. The beach is great any time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I may need to head your way. I've got some cobwebs needing to be cleared. I love the ocean in the autumn and winter. It seems to speak to me. I would love to sit with you and enjoy a cup of good coffee. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I might be a little suspicious of anyone who didn't feel an affinity with the ocean. Its rhythm resonates within most of us. Even those who fear it are usually mesmerized by it. I adore the water.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's my favorite way to spend the day! Love your photos! And the little ghosties in your sidebar are so cute...I mean SCARY!!! hehee! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This weather is so wonderful to sit by the sea.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. When it comes to the Sea, we all react in a rather similar way, and I don't think there is anyone at all who does not feel attracted to it and fascinated by it in one way or other.
    Beautiful pictures of a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was a gorgeous day here on Sunday as well - just like summer. What a gorgeous place to spend some time away.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can't beat the smell and the sound of the sea :-)

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this post; made me feel like a new day. thank you for sharing.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, First of all I am so sorry of the passing of your mother. What wonderful memories you have of her and I wish you time to mourn and celebrate those memories. We are slowly losing my dad and I hope afterwards to do the same as you..go somewhere beautiful with my husband and just sit and be. Looking forward to reading your past and future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely place to just...be.

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you've stopped by and I always enjoy your comments! Thank you!