|With crustacean for decoration|
I used a Martha Stewart mac & cheese recipe and then added the meat from two 1 1/2 pound lobsters. It was really delicious!
Mac & Cheese Recipe
- Serves 8
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for baking dish
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound medium pasta shells
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (1 cup)
- 4 ounces Havarti cheese, coarsely grated (1 cup)
- 4 ounces Muenster cheese, coarsely grated (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices white sandwich bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Butter a shallow 4-quart baking dish (oval or 9-by-13-inch rectangle); set aside.
- Generously salt boiling water; add pasta. Cook, according to package instructions, until 2 minutes short of al dente. Drain pasta, and return to pot.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium. Transfer 2 tablespoons melted butter to a small bowl; set aside for topping. Add flour and mustard powder to remaining butter in saucepan. Cook, whisking, 1 minute (do not let flour darken). Whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until sauce is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat. Gradually whisk in cheeses; add Worcestershire sauce, and season generously with salt and pepper. Add sauce to pasta, and toss to combine; transfer to prepared baking dish. Add the lobster at this point.
- Place bread in food processor; pulse until very coarse crumbs form (you should have about 3 cups). Add reserved melted butter, and pulse just to moisten. Scatter crumbs over pasta in baking dish. (If making ahead, cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.)
- Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until topping is golden and sauce is bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes. (If refrigerated, bake for 30 to 35 minutes.) Cool 5 minutes before serving.